About the Program
The Family Reunification Program is dedicated to reuniting Indigenous mothers, fathers and their children by providing long-term housing.
The goal is to assist in reuniting children in care with their families in a safe and secure environment. The home is alcohol and drug-free, with 24-hour staffing.
This program is BY REFERRAL ONLY from the Child & Family Services Agency
The home will provide:
- 24-hour routine and emergency support to families as required
- Parenting skills development
- Assistance to connect families with formal and informal resources in the community relevant to their needs
- Employment and educational planning for parents
- Individual support to help each child develop the skills they need to address their issues
- Support integrating children into their communities and schools
- Mentorship programs to build self-esteem, confidence and role modelling for children and youth
- Child care arrangements through external resources provided while parents attend programs