We can help with your mortgage arrears!
- Must be a citizen of the Métis Nation of Alberta in good standing (at least one applicant must be an MNA citizen in good standing).
- The home must be the primary residence of the applicant(s).
- Must show a need for assistance:
- Prove loss of income resulting in a 50% or more decrease in monthly net income
- Bank statements for the prior three months
- Or a record of employment
- Supporting documentation from the lender stating total arrears, risk of foreclosure, etc.
Required Documents to Apply
- Completed and signed application.
- Two pieces of photo ID
- Métis Nation of Alberta citizenship card for applicant(s).
- Driver’s license, passport, or any other government-issued ID card.
- CRA Notice of Assessment from the previous year for all household residents over 18 years.
- Attach current pay stub(s) for everyone working in the household.
- Evidence of loss of income, such as an ROE.
- Mortgage Statement.
- Letter from the bank stating the risk of foreclosure.
- All bank statements for the last 90 days.
Financial Assistance Available
A maximum of $5,000 towards mortgage arrears is paid directly to the lender.
Submit the completed application with all supporting documents to Metis Capital Housing, Edmonton.
Complete applications will be reviewed and submitted for approval as received.
The program staff will notify applicants if their application is approved.
Frequently Asked Questions on New Home Programs