- Must be a citizen of the Métis Nation of Alberta in good standing (at least one applicant must be an MNA citizen in good standing and their name must be on the title of said purchase).
- Annual family maximum gross income of $95,000.00
- Must be able to qualify for a mortgage with a major bank or financial institution.
- Must not own any other home currently or within the past three years.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Home purchased must be the primary residence of the applicant.
Required Documents to Apply
- Completed and signed application.
- Two pieces of photo ID
- Métis Nation of Alberta citizenship card for applicant(s)
- Driver’s license, passport, or any other government issued ID.
- Notice of Assessment from the CRA for previous year for all household residents over 18 years of age.
- Latest pay stub for all that are working in the household.
- Pre approval for mortgage from lending institution.
- Real Estate Purchase Contract.
- Mail or drop off completed application with all supporting documents to Métis Capital Housing, Edmonton.
- Complete applications will be reviewed and submitted for approval as received.
- Only completed applications will be processed.
Financial Assistance Available
5% down payment to a maximum amount of $20,000.00 per application.
- Must sign a funding agreement with MCHC before funds are released.
- Provide proof of Insurance on property.
- Must sign an agreement charging land (allows MCHC to put caveat on property).
- The funding is forgiven and caveat comes off after five years as a primary residence.
- Approved applicants will repay all or part (prorated portion) of the funding plus 6% interest to Métis Capital Housing Corporation if the property is sold or they cease to live in the home within five years of date of purchase.